Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Judgmental Alphabet list-in-progress

He's quite an aesthete. She's friendly, but a bit of a flibbertigibbet. There are many labels like these that beg to be illustrated by Edward Gorey. In my Time Travel Alphabet Book Fantasy, Gorey says, "Gosh, Emily, what a swell idea! I've done some things like that. Would you like to come visit Elephant House while I work on illustrating this?" And then we hang out.

This alphabet is incomplete! As is the case with my list-in-progress of cultural reasons to wear red for every month of the year, I welcome suggestions to fill in the blanks.

Aesthete
Bourgeois
Curmudgeon
Dilettante
Enemy
Flibbertigibbet
Gaddabout
Hellion
Insurgent
Jokester
K
Libertine
Mensch
Nob (reader suggestion)
O
P
Q
Rake
Strumpet
Tart?
U
Villain (reader suggestion)
Wunderkind
X
Yokel
Z






3 comments: