This is my 48th blog post, which means that I am nearing the end of this year-long list-blogging experiment. I like having a Weekly Thing, though! I'd like to KEEP having a Weekly Thing next year.*
SO, folks, what should it be? These are my current contenders:
- Take the "no new clothes" pledge for a year. I'd still buy used, and maybe handmade, but mostly I'd be swapping, mending, and making do. I would document alterations, acquisitions, and maybe outfits weekly.
- Make a thing a week. Sometimes it would be a craft project, maybe sometimes a science experiment, maybe sometimes a writing exercise, maybe sometimes try a cooking technique I've never tried before; document what gets made.
- Straight up, try at least one recipe I've never tried before once a week.
- Handwrite and illustrate a Book of Hours. Create a couple pages a week. This is something I've been thinking of doing since Grad School studying Medieval manuscripts.
- Begin a personal book club - Commit to reading one classic I don't already know know each month; blog about my thoughts weekly. If anyone in the area wants to join in, we drink beer and eat cookies once a month and talk about the book when we finish it.
Please leave your vote (or write in a different suggestion) in the comments!
|Clothes? Crafts? Foods? Something Bookish?|
* See this post on why my year ends and starts in the summer rather than on January 1.